What’s so special about Pound Dog Copywriting?
We write for all kinds of mediums, from the web to complete information packages. Exceptional writing for advertising, marketing and communications isn’t all quirky headlines and coy copy, it’s about a clear message that reinforces your brand and your company.
Pound Dog Copywriting has more than 128 (dog) years of exceptional writing experience. There’s not many industries we haven’t worked with, and not many kinds of projects we haven’t worked on. That means no learning curve – we jump in and get to work. You get two revisions with every job: one major revision (more than half the copy revised), and one minor revision.
For a Pound Dog, we do have a pedigree. Well, at least our owner has a college degree.
Wendy Wander Mize
Equally important to a college degree is a real world degree. I started my freelance career lugging an ancient word processor to local businesses and earning $50 for writing small print ads, and look at me now writing for Avon, the world’s largest direct seller.
It takes more than experience to be a successful freelance copywriter, it takes persistence. There was a recession when I went solo, and my phone was eerily quiet. And yet within six months of hanging out a shingle, I landed a Westinghouse video project with a budget of $75,000 – heady stuff back in 1992. It’s not just that I’m an excellent writer, I’m easy to work with, an exceptional listener, and a loyal team member.
- Freelance copywriting since 1992, earning awards judged to regional creative standards
- Former Writer-Producer, WFTV-Chanel 9 – Addy Award winner for broadcast campaign
- Past employment also includes corporate speechwriter and communications specialist at The Kirchman Corporation (international banking software developer) and WOFL-Channel 35
- Bachelor of Arts, Radio-Television, University of Central Florida
- Associate of Arts, Journalism, Valencia College